It seems like just about everyone loves fall. Starting around September 1st, all everyone can talk about is sweaters and boots and cooler weather, Pinterest is filled with pumpkin recipes, and TVs everywhere are tuned to football games. It may be a little cliche, but I’d have to say that fall is my favorite season…because really, what’s not to love? So today I’m linking up with Blog-tember to share my fall favorites with you!
Fall would not be fall without…
- Plaid shirts and cozy sweaters. Of course, you can wear plaid shirts any time of year, but I always start pulling mine out when the weather starts getting cooler. It’s always nice to start wearing sweaters again too!
- Fall decor. Something I love, probably more than I should, is browsing the fall decorations at Hobby Lobby or the Christmas Tree Shop. It’s so much fun to decorate for the season!
- Football. I never really cared too much about football until last year, when Dunkin’ Donuts started offering free coffee the day after the Patriots win. So of course, I had to start watching the games to see if I could get a free coffee! 😉 As I’ve been watching, I’ve been starting to understand more of what’s going on. I’m not an expert by any means, but it’s fun to watch the game on Sunday afternoon!
- Reading. In the summer, I always feel like I should be outside doing something, but in the fall, I can let myself relax with a good book, either inside if it’s chilly or outside if the weather’s nice!
- Pumpkin coffee. As popular as it is, I’m not really a big fan of Starbucks’ PSL. Dunkin’ Donuts pumpkin iced coffee or iced lattes are a different story, though! Pumpkin coffee, muffins, and donuts mean fall is officially here.
- Colorful leaves. Here in New England, we have some beautiful colors on the trees! You know fall is coming when the trees start turning all shades of red, yellow, and orange. And the leaves are still pretty even when they start falling and decorating the lawn or the roads!
- Cooler weather. After a hot summer, it’s so nice to start waking up to cooler mornings and going to sleep with the windows open. I would definitely pick cold weather over hot, so I’m always glad when fall starts to bring the cooler temperatures and brisk breezes back around.
- Snow. In northern New England, it’s not uncommon to get a little dusting of snow around the end of October or beginning of November. A few years ago, we even had a foot of snow that fell the day before Thanksgiving! Usually, that first snow melts within a day or two, but it’s magical while it lasts. Once it’s gone, we can go back to enjoying the pretty leaves and savoring the last few weeks before we’re buried in snow.
- Thanksgiving. One of the best parts of fall is the beginning of the holiday season. We get to enjoy Thanksgiving and look forward to Christmas (and winter!). Not to mention, the Christmas coffees usually come back to Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts in the beginning of November 😉
What are your favorite things about fall?