Well, it’s taken me long enough, but I think I’ve finally decided on some goals for this year. I haven’t quite planned out all the steps I’ll need to take to accomplish them, but I’m headed in the right direction!
I’ve never really had “word of the year” before. I follow a lot of bloggers who pick a word to define how they want to live that year, but this is the first year I’ve tried to pick one for myself. It may change, but here’s what I have right now: discipline. That doesn’t sound very fun or exciting, I know! But it encompasses a lot of the goals I’ve set for this year. My main, overarching goal for the year is to create habits (while I’m still fairly young) to set myself up for success later in life, and I will definitely need discipline to do that. Then maybe next year, my word can be more fun 🙂
So, here are my goals for the year:
- Set aside time to consistently read the Bible (possibly using She Reads Truth, especially during Lent, Advent, etc.).
- Read Fervent by Priscilla Shirer.
- Use my Val Marie Paper prayer journal. This is the one I have.
- Commit to eating healthier (probably the Trim Healthy Mama plan).
- Drink more water! Work up to a gallon per day.
- Exercise regularly (find something I can stick with).
- Develop an evening routine and consistent times to go to bed/wake up.
- Stick to my EveryDollar budget (save money for the future!).
- Read 100 books. That sounds like a lot, but I’m a fast reader and I got a Kindle Unlimited subscription for Christmas 🙂 I also want to read more nonfiction…maybe 1 out of every 5 books I read.
- Learn how to get the most out my bullet journal and update it regularly. I just started a bullet journal at the beginning of the year, and I’m still figuring out how to use it, what things to put in it, and what things I can leave out.
- Blog regularly (2-3 times per week).
- Start a Facebook page for my blog and promote it more on social media.
- Interact more with other bloggers (commenting on posts, etc.).
- Take a blogging course. I’ve been looking at some free video courses on Skillshare and Building a Framework by Abby Lawson of Just a Girl and Her Blog. If you have any suggestions, let me know!
- Research some career possibilities I’m interested and figure out what the next steps would be (going back to school, etc.).
Well there you have it! My goals for 2017, which are written at the front of my bullet journal so hopefully I won’t forget 😉
What are your goals for 2017?